Growing plants requires controlled environment when temperature, humidity, lights are being constantly monitored and controlled.
We’ll develop Greenhouse Climate control for this purpose.
Xilinx Zynq-7000 devices is a processor-centric platform that offers software, hardware and I/O programmability in a single chip. The Zynq-7000 family is based on the All Programmable SoC architecture. Zynq-7000 products incorporate a dual core ARM Cortex-A9 based Processing System (PS) and Xilinx Programmable Logic in a single device.
ZedBoard is a board based on Zynq-7000 device and contains all the necessary interfaces and supporting functions to enable a wide range of applications. Such boards enable us to design prototypes of advanced IOT systems.
Touch screen – Human Machine Interface (FMC-HMI) peripheral board enables developers to add a human interface to field-programmable gate array (FPGA) based systems. The FMC-HMI provides a development platform for customers to utilize image capture, touch digitizer and graphical user interface applications. In order to function we need to develop comptroller implemented in a FPGA part of ZYNQ
Climate control station will be built on Xilinx ZedBoard. User interface programming will be done thru FMC-HMI touch screen. Data gathered by Climate control station will be transmitted to PC over wire (use of Wi-Fi optional).
The project is split into six major milestones
- Getting familiar with Xilinx development environment for Zynq FPGA family. This includes Xilinx SDK, Vivado environment., learning touch screen interface, temperature and humidity sensors, PWM of cooling fan.
- Design and implement sensors logic in FPGA
- Design and implement controller for touch screen in FPGA
- Develop ARM code to control climate parameters: temperature, humidity, light, fan
- Development of GUI interface on touch screen: programming
- Development of GUI on host PC
Duration: One Semester (Optional two)
- Alex Grinshpun (firstname.lastname@example.org)